Happerley is delighted to announce that Peter Jinman, OBE B Vet Med, Dip Arb, FCIArb, MRCVS, ARAgS [left] is to chair the Happerley Advisory Board.
Peter recently completed a term as Non-executive director of Assured Food Standards (Red Tractor) and is Chairman of Defra’s Farm Animal Welfare Committee. He was a past President of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and the British Veterinary Association, and Member of the House of Commons Standards Committee. He will be Chair of The Farmers Club in 2018.
He explains: "I look forward to bringing my experience and insights into helping Happerley become a trusted and credible connection to validate ingredient differentials across the food industry”.
Founder, Matthew Rymer [right] welcomes the appointment: "Happerley, although started by farmers, is a legacy project with the sole objective of providing a neutral platform to enable a transparent and connected food industry for the benefit of all. Critical to this is working closely to complement and support existing and future food assurance schemes. Peter will be invaluable as we reach out."
The full Board will be announced at the Happerley event on 20 September.
The Happerley Advisory Board's role is:
- To review and refine terms and conditions of membership, certification and passporting for the benefit of the whole food industry, consulting to The Happerley Council, comprising Founder Members.
- Oversee its transition into a producer owned co-operative by electing a Board at the point Happerley Limited provides necessary funding
Happerley Limited has Three Objectives:
- To develop, deliver and support the technology, and execute the auditing and certification processes to enable and reward honesty and transparency in the food industry for the benefit of all. This is to be achieved by validating and publishing supply chains, and passporting the provenance of food stuffs and so empowering the consumer to know the journey of their food.
- To develop and refine the certification terms and conditions and procedures under the guidance of The Happerley Advisory Board.
- To enshrine the sustainable and assured neutrality of Happerley by providing The Happerley Advisory Board the required resources and perpetual licenses to become a producer owned co-operative, owned by its members, operating in the UK. This transition is to take place at the point at which Happerley Limited has returned founder shareholder investments and is operating at a surplus.